December 9, 2007

The Layered Look

While checking out one of my fave blogs, The Sartorialist, I came across this inspiring look.

I love the layering effect with multiple Cardigan sweaters finished off with a thin waist belt. Minus the shorts and flips flops, the look is perfect for this weather.

Sooo I had to try the look on my own. I found a sweater similar to the above but it was too short and thick that I ended up looking similar to Shrek...


Not a good look . So the moral of the story...

To achieve the layered look right, you must:

  1. Find a long, thin cardigan (other wise tying the belt around using anything with thick material will make you look frumpy.)
  2. Use a thin belt
  3. Use distinct colors
Try some of these neutral colored finds to achieve the look right:

first image from the left:

Merino ruffle cardigan
$98.00 now $69.99
Shop jcrew

Simply Vera Vera Wang Layered Pinch Pocket Cardigan
orig. $74.00
sale $44.40
Lux Sweater Vest
Now $34.99 Was $48.00
Shop Urban Outfitters

And in Basic Black:


first image from the left:
Bubble Sleeve Cardigan Sweater
Was: $39.99
Now: $29.99
Shop rampage

Tommy Hilfiger
Long Cardigan
Was: $69.00
Now: $50.99
Shop Macy's

No comments: